Everything you need to live well
Welcome to the age of glowing skin, flawless faces and perfect eyebrows. In this new era, the beauty industry is more flexible to accommodate different body types. The perception of eyebrows has evolved from little facial hair to no facial hair to defined eyebrows. Trimming your eyebrow does not mean removing your entire facial hair.
When trimming your eyebrow, make sure its suits your face. Materials needed for trimming your eyebrow includes tweezer, old mascara brush or a makeup brush, a razor blade and a thread. Try to face a mirror when trimming your eyebrows into a defined shape.
Trimming with a tweezer
1. Hold the tweezer vertically from the outermost part of your nostril straight up to your eyebrow. The place where the tweezer touches is the point your eyebrow should begin.
2. Hold the tweezer diagonally from the outermost part of your nostril to the outermost part of your eye. Where the tweezer extends past your eye is where your eyebrow should end.
3. Tweeze below your brow by plucking out hairs, moving against the measured grain.
4. Tweeze above your brow to remove any stray hairs above the measured grain.
Trimming with a razor blade
1. Brush the hair of eyebrow upwards with an old mascara brush and trim with the blade any hairline above the grain.
2. Brush the hair of your eyebrow downwards with an old mascara brush. Trim any hair sticking out of the eyebrow.
Trimming with a thread
Use only high-cotton thread when trimming the eyebrows as it ensures the hair does not snap off the thread.
1. Measure the thread against your forearm to check its length.
2. Tie the high-cotton thread into a tight loop.
3. Wrap the loop for at least four times around your thumb and forefinger. After wrapping the thread should assume an hourglass shape.
4. Brush the hair of the eyebrow upwards with an old mascara brush. Position the twisted centre of the thread on the hair you want to remove.
5. Slide your fingers over the unwanted hair. As you open and close by using your thumb and forefinger, the thread will pull out the unwanted hair strand.